Series & Workshops
|RESILIENT BODY - GENTLE YOGA FOR PAIN RELIEF AND RELAXATION||Learn More|
|HEALTHY AND MEANINGFUL AGING||Learn More|
|YOGA FOR OSTEOPOROSIS||Learn More|
|CREATING AN EFFECTIVE HOME PRACTICE||Learn More|
|GENTLE EARLY MORNING YOGA IMMERSION||Learn More|
|SPIRITUAL DEEPENING - A YOGA AND MEDITATION IMMERSION||Learn More|
|ANATOMY AND PHYSIOLOGY: THE POWER OF SOMATIC AWARENESS AND TRUE EMBODIMENT||Learn More|
|YOGA FOR CHRONIC HEALTH CONDITIONS||Learn More|
Resilient Body Gentle Yoga for Pain Relief and Relaxation
In this series we will:
- Explore gentle and effective movement practices to stabilize the back and relieve back pain
- Strengthen the deep core
- Release neck and shoulder tension
- Increase circulation of lymph and blood
- Build bone strength
- Learn breath and meditation tools for deep relaxation
Great for anyone looking for a gentle, recuperative practice!
Thursdays 7:15 – 8:30 p.m. taught by Christy Fisher
Spring Session 1: April 19 – May 17, 2018 5 weeks/$95 -> Registration is closed, this class is full.
Spring Session 2: May 31 – June 28, 2018 5 weeks/$95 -> register and pay here
Register and secure your spot by paying with the link above. Space is limited!
Monthly studio passes also welcome.
If you can’t attend the full series, pro-rating a series is an option if we know in advance. If you would like to pro-rate a series, or have questions about a series, please contact Christy at 206-547-2172, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Healthy and Meaningful Aging
(30 CEU’s available for certified yoga teachers)
with Christy Fisher, Certified Yoga Therapist (C-IAYT); Laura Yon, Certified Yoga Therapist (C-IAYT) at Phinney Ridge Yoga
This immersion is intended for people who:
- Have at least 1 year of yoga experience
- Are yoga teachers who would like to better serve their students and clients
- Are not yoga teachers but would like to learn how to incorporate yoga to support health and wellbeing.
- Health care practitioners and professionals who are interested in expanding their skill sets to better serve their clients
In this immersion, learn from two highly experienced certified yoga therapists who have each worked with older populations for over 15 years. In this training you will:
- Gain knowledge about common conditions of aging including osteoporosis, arthritis and joint replacements and how to create safe and effective practices for bone strength and healthy joints.
- Receive powerful tools of somatic awareness to support memory and balance.
- Explore cutting edge research on the benefits of yoga on aging.
- Expand skills to create safe and helpful practices for chronic back conditions.
- Participate in thoughtful discussions around the emotional and spiritual aspects of aging
Session 1: May 18 – 20, 2018 Friday thru Sunday:
Fridays: 6:00 – 9:00 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday: 1:00 – 8:00 p.m.
Session 2: June 22 – 24, 2018 Friday thru Sunday:
Friday: 6:00 – 9:00 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday: 1:00 – 8:00 p.m.
****During these weekends, we also encourage you to make time to take morning classes at our studio with our yoga therapists/teachers to experience principles you are learning in action! *****
THIS IMMERSION ALSO SERVES AS MODULE TWO OF OUR 300-HOUR YOGA TEACHER TRAINING PROGRAM! CLICK HERE TO LEARN MORE ABOUT THE FULL TRAINING.
$895 if registered and paid by May 1, 2018. -> register and pay here
$995 on or after May 2, 2018.
Yoga for Osteoporosis with Christy Fisher
In this series we will:
- Learn about the physiology of Osteopenia and Osteoporosis
- Look at current research studies by Dr. Loren Fishman on the benefits of Yoga for Osteoporosis and bone strength.
- Explore simple and safe yoga practices specifically designed to build bone strength, improve balance, and reduce the risk of fracture
- Learn about what poses are helpful and what poses are harmful.
- Experience the tremendous healing and relaxing benefits of yoga
Detailed handouts will be provided!
Sundays, 5:00 – 6:15 p.m. April 29 – June 10, 2018 (no class on May 20)
Spring Series: 6 weeks/$120 -> register and pay here
Monthly unlimited pass holders are also welcome!
Prorating is an option if we know in advance. Space is limited! For questions call: 206-547-2172
Creating an Effective Home Practice: The Art of Sequencing with Christy Fisher
The ways in which we order a sequence of warmups, postures and breathwork have a profound effect on how we feel after practice! Did you know that there is actually an art to sequencing? Preparing for a side bend, for example, can require a very different approach than preparing for a deep hip opener or spinal twist.
This workshop is open to anyone who would be like to:
- Start a Home Practice but don’t know where to begin in terms of how to order things and what to include.
- Gain more knowledge about how to create a sequence of movement and breath that includes effective warmups, postures based on your needs, and specific practices that help to balance the body and mind at the end.
- Learn about our gradient approach that makes practice accessible to diverse abilities.
- Create a foundation to become more regular in your practice so you can really experience its life changing effects!
Handouts will be included.
Sunday May 6, 2018 1:00 – 3:00 p.m.
Space is limited!
Registration is $35 -> register and pay here
Call 206-547-2172 or emailing email@example.com for more information.
Gentle Early Morning Yoga Immersion
An Early Morning Yoga Immersion With Christy Fisher
- Enjoy practicing in a noncompetitive and supportive community of all ages
- Move through your day with less pain and more ease
- Experience more energy and mental calm
- See measurable results in strength and flexibility including deep core strength
- All Levels Welcome!
Wednesdays 6:15 – 7:30 a.m.
May early morning immersion series: May 2 – May 23, 2018
-Series $55 -> register and pay here
Monthly unlimited studio pass holders are also welcome!
Pre-register by paying with the link above.
For more info on any of these classes or workshops, please call 206-547-2172 or email Christy@phinneyridgeyoga.com.
Spiritual Deepening – A Year-Long Yoga and Meditation Immersion
(30 CEU’s available for certified yoga teachers)
with Laura Yon, Certified Yoga Therapist (C-IAYT) at Phinney Ridge Yoga
Join veteran yoga teacher and certified yoga therapist, Laura Yon on a deeply transformational journey. Meeting one afternoon each month participants will:
- Learn timeless meditation techniques from different spiritual traditions
- Create a deeply enriching meditation and spiritual practice for personal transformation
- Experience the continuous support of a like-minded community or “sangha”.
- Receive support and guidance as you develop your personal practice.
“The evolution of consciousness is the movement toward universal care and concern. All
wisdom traditions guide us to our own inner growth and development. The role of a teacher
isn’t to teach the student what he must do, but to help the student find the truth for themselves.”
DATES: (10 workshops over 1 year.)
First meeting on Sunday, September 9, 2018. 1:00 – 4:00 p.m.
Then meets first Sunday of the month through June 2019. 1:00 – 4:00 p.m.
IN ADDITION TO A STAND-ALONE PROGRAM, THIS IMMERSION ALSO SERVES AS MODULE FOUR OF OUR 300-HOUR YOGA TEACHER TRAINING PROGRAM! CLICK HERE TO LEARN MORE ABOUT THE FULL TRAINING.
$895 if registered and paid in full by August 1, 2018. -> register and pay here
$995 on or after August 2, 2018.
The Power of Somatic Awareness and True Embodiment – Experiential Anatomy for Teachers and/or Advanced Yoga Practitioners
(40 CE’s available for Yoga Alliance Certified Teachers)
with Christy Fisher, Certified Yoga Therapist (C-IAYT) and Certified Movement Analyst (Laban/Bartenieff Institute of Movement Studies)
FALL 2018 / WINTER 2019 Saturdays and Sundays 1:00 – 6:30 p.m.
Dates & Topics
Weekend #1: September 22 – 23, 2018: Shoulder Girdle
Weekend #2: October 20 – 21, 2018: Sacrum and Pelvis
Weekend #3: January 26 – 27, 2019: Somatic Awareness
Weekend #4: February 23 – 24, 2019: Anatomy of Breath and the Deep Core
(You will receive detailed handouts from each weekend.)
IN ADDITION TO A STAND-ALONE PROGRAM, THIS IMMERSION ALSO SERVES AS MODULE THREE OF OUR 300-HOUR YOGA TEACHER TRAINING PROGRAM! CLICK HERE TO LEARN MORE ABOUT THE FULL TRAINING.
WEEKEND #1: THE SHOULDER GIRDLE:
Tools for Injury Prevention and Recovery
September 22 – 23, 2018
Often shoulder cuff injuries, arthritis and other conditions occur because of poor posture and/or movement patterns. Targeted exercises won’t help unless we can recognize the underlying cause and work from there. During our time together we will:
- Explore simple yet powerful dynamic alignment principles of the shoulder girdle to reduce wear and tear.
- Apply these principles to yoga asanas, allowing for greater ease in practice. You may find that you can do things that you weren’t able to before!
- Gain observational skills to recognize imbalances in others including students or private clients.
- Learn gentle and clear assists to guide your students towards balance and health.
WEEKEND #2: THE SACRUM AND PELVIS
October 20 – 21, 2018
Lower back pain and injury can occur when our bones are moving out of their natural alignment. These chronic habits over time can create wear and tear on muscles and degeneration of joints. In this immersion you will:
- Expand understanding of the dynamic and complex relationship between the sacrum, pelvic halves and thigh bones, and how they can move in relationship for greater ease and efficiency.
- Discover a deep sense of effortlessness that comes from moving WITH NATURE rather than against it!
- Receive tools to help you let go of nagging lower back pain and sciatica
- Experience a transformative practice called “Constructive Rest” which allows for deep release of tension in the joints.
- Learn key observational skills to recognize movement and postural patterns in others and gentle, clear assists to guide people towards balance.
WEEKEND #3: SOMATIC AWARENESS
January 26 – 27, 2019
The Developmental Movement Patterns are innate patterns embedded in our DNA that provide the foundation of all movement from in utero to where we are now. With injury or illness, patterns can weaken yet with awareness we can learn to regain our connection and greatly improve our wellbeing! During this weekend we will:
- Deepen understanding of the neuromuscular system and the Developmental Movement Patterns
- Learn how these patterns can support injury recovery, neurological disorders such as MS and Traumatic Brain Injury, as well as other conditions effecting memory, balance and strength.
- Explore ways of using language and gentle assists to guide students to experience these patterns in yoga practice.
- Expand full body connectivity and gain a deeper connection to your SELF.
WEEKEND #4: ANATOMY AND PHYSIOLOGY OF BREATH AND THE DEEP CORE
February 23 – 24, 2019
We will incorporate creative imagery to:
- Connect to the multi-dimensional movement of the diaphragm helping to expand breath and support full body connectivity.
- Enjoy a deeply restorative yoga practice where we will apply our awareness of the anatomy of breath for opening and relaxation.
- Deepen awareness of the multi-layered core including its neuromuscular framework, fascia and organ system.
- Explore a wonderful practice for Healthy Organ Suspension!
- Discover the essential role of the Psoas for back health, injury prevention and recovery.
Registration option for this entire 4-part module:
$995 if registered and paid in full by September 1, 2018. -> register and pay here
$1095 on or after September 2, 2018.
Option for Day #1 only workshop registration (Detailed handouts will be provided at each of the workshops):
• Weekend #1 Day #1 (The Shoulder Girdle): Saturday only: $140 -> register and pay here
• Weekend #2 Day #1 (The Sacrum and Pelvis): Saturday only: $140 -> register and pay here
• Weekend #3 Day #1 (Somatic Awareness): Saturday only: $140 -> register and pay here
• Weekend #4 Day #1 (Anatomy and Physiology of Breath): Saturday only: $140 -> register and pay here
• Weekend #4 Day #2 (Anatomy of the Psoas) Sunday only: $140 -> register and pay here
Yoga for Chronic Health Conditions – A Training for Yoga Teachers and/or Advanced Yoga Practitioners
With Certified Yoga Therapists (C-IAYT’s) Christy Fisher and Laura Yon as well as medical professionals in the field.
Learn from two experienced Certified Yoga Therapists who each have over 15 years of experience teaching yoga for chronic health conditions as well as experts in the field. In this immersion we will:
- Approach teaching for chronic health conditions from a holistic perspective, where our goal as yoga practitioners is to nourish and support the body, mind, and spirit.
- Learn simple and powerful tools for pain management and working with the emotional aspects of chronic health conditions.
- Explore creative and fulfilling adaptive sequences for diverse abilities using props such as chairs, walls, straps and bolsters.
- Learn how to adapt yoga safely and effectively for people living with Cancer. The treatments for Cancer have come so far that it is now often considered to be a chronic health condition. Explore common long-term side effects of treatment including lymphedema, neuropathy, and fatigue as well as yoga practices that can help.
- Expand knowledge of chronic neurological conditions including Multiple Sclerosis and Traumatic Brain Injury and how to adapt yoga practice for the diverse needs of these students.
- Learn how to create and guide safe and beneficial yoga practices for common chronic back conditions including Sciatica, disc injuries, and Spondylolisthesis.
- Deepen understanding and experience the powerful benefits of Yoga Nidra.
Session 1: Friday – Monday, November 9 – 12, 2018
Friday 6:00 – 9:00 p.m.
Saturday: 10:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Sunday, 9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Monday, 9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. (Veteran’s Day holiday)
Session 2: Thursday – Sunday, March 14 – 17, 2019
Thursday 6:00 – 9:00 p.m.
Friday, 10:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Saturday, 9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Sunday, 9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
IN ADDITION TO A STAND-ALONE PROGRAM, THIS IMMERSION ALSO SERVES AS MODULE FIVE OF OUR 300-HOUR YOGA TEACHER TRAINING PROGRAM! CLICK HERE TO LEARN MORE ABOUT THE FULL TRAINING.
$1495 if registered and paid in full by September 1, 2018. -> register and pay here
$1595 on or after September 2, 2018.