Series & Workshops
|GENTLE THERAPEUTIC YOGA||Learn More|
|YOGA FOR OSTEOPOROSIS||Learn More|
|THANKSGIVING DAY PRACTICE WITH JULIE HSU||Learn More|
|YOGA FOR TRAUMA RECOVERY TRAINING||Learn More|
Gentle Therapeutic Yoga
In this series we will:
- Explore gentle and effective movement practices to stabilize the back and relieve back pain
- Strengthen the deep core
- Release neck and shoulder tension
- Increase circulation of lymph and blood
- Build bone strength
- Learn breath and meditation tools for deep relaxation
Great for anyone looking for a gentle, recuperative practice!
Mondays 7:30 – 8:45 p.m. taught by Christy Fisher
Monday Fall Session 1: September 16 – October 21, 2019 6 weeks/$115 (note, 2 classes will be taught by Sara Dwyer) -> register and pay here
Monday Fall Session 2: October 28 – December 2, 2019 6 weeks/$115 -> register and pay here
Wednesdays 7:15 – 8:30 p.m. taught by Sara Dwyer
Wednesday Fall Session 1: October 2 – October 30, 2019 5 weeks/$98 -> register and pay here
Wednesday Fall Session 2: November 6 – December 11, 2019 6 weeks/$115 -> register and pay here
Register and secure your spot by paying with the link above. Space is limited!
Monthly studio passes also welcome.
If you can’t attend the full series, pro-rating a series is an option if we know in advance. If you would like to pro-rate a series, or have questions about a series, please contact Christy at 206-547-2172, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Yoga for Osteoporosis with Christy Fisher
In this series we will:
- Learn about the physiology of Osteopenia and Osteoporosis
- Look at current research studies by Dr. Loren Fishman on the benefits of Yoga for Osteoporosis and bone strength.
- Explore simple and safe yoga practices specifically designed to build bone strength, improve balance, and reduce the risk of fracture
- Learn about what poses are helpful and what poses are harmful.
- Experience the tremendous healing and relaxing benefits of yoga
Home practices will be provided!
Tuesdays, 12:00 – 1:15 p.m.
Stay tuned for details about our Winter 2020 Series!
Monthly unlimited pass holders are also welcome!
Prorating is an option if we know in advance. Space is limited! For questions call: 206-547-2172
Thanksgiving Day Practice with Julie Hsu
Thursday, November 28, 2019 10:00 am – noon
$30 -> register and pay here
What better way to start out your Thanksgiving Day than with an extended yoga practice for yourself? Our moderate level practice together will include both movement and stillness to create balance, leaving you energized and centered for the day. The 2 hour practice will include energetic postures, quiet stillness in postures, pranayama (breath work), and meditation.
This special day of thanks gives us the opportunity to focus on gratitude during our formal practice together, creating a solid foundation to carry out into your life off the mat, whether your holiday is a quiet one or a busy one with family and friends.
Call 206-547-2172 or emailing email@example.com for more information.
Veterans Yoga Project and Phinney Ridge Yoga:
Mindful Resilience for Trauma Recovery for Yoga Teachers and Healthcare Professionals
When: January 24-26, 2020
Times: Fri: 6-9:30 pm; Sat: 12:30 pm – 7:30 pm; Sun: 12:30 pm – 7:30 pm
Where: 6615 Dayton Ave North Seattle, WA 98103
Cost: Early Reg $375 (until 11/24/19) Standard Registration $425
Register here -> register
SCHOLARSHIPS AVAILABLE TO ACTIVE DUTY AND VETERANS.
Veterans Yoga Project is teaming up with Phinney Ridge Yoga to offer an extraordinary opportunity for intensive training in a proven, mindful approach to teaching yoga to veterans and others who are struggling with post-traumatic stress and other trauma-related psychological difficulties.
Mindful Resilience for Recovery and Resilience is an evidence-informed, clinically-tested yoga program that was developed specifically for veterans recovering from post-traumatic stress and other psychological difficulties. It is an evidence-informed, in that practices have been chosen and adapted based on clinical and neuro-scientific knowledge about post-traumatic stress and its treatment. It is clinically-tested, in that it was developed based on feedback from hundreds of veterans and active-duty service members receiving treatment at residential and outpatient treatment programs. Mindful Resilience has been successfully integrated into mental health and addiction treatment programs for veterans and active-duty military across the US and Canada.
In the Level One teacher training, you will explore:
- The development, course, and consequences of trauma-related disorders
- The psychotherapeutic treatment of trauma-related disorders and how yoga fits into an integrative treatment approach
- Special considerations and cautions when providing yoga therapy to veterans and other trauma-affected individuals
- Specific practices, guiding principles, and resources found to be helpful for veterans coping with trauma, including a detailed treatment manual with an empirically-informed, clinically-tested 12-week protocol, and access to a downloadable electronic copy (pdf) of the Mindful Resilience Yoga for Veterans Recovering from Trauma practice guide.
This Veterans Yoga Project training consists of a balance of practice and lecture/discussion. At the end of the training, participants will understand the symptoms of post-traumatic stress and other trauma-related disorders, how those symptoms are related to underlying neurobiology, and how to use this understanding to most effectively teach individuals recovering from trauma.